With only a few games left before The Super Bowl, it is time to pull out all the stops and get out your best ever recipes for nachos & dips. Here is one that everyone will love!
- Go for a variety of corn chips & blue corn chips
- The Salsa (Pico de Gallo)
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and then chopped to suit your style
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, you can choose medium to hot heat level
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup, or 2 handfuls, cilantro leaves, finely chopped — substitute parsley if cilantro is not to your liking, then salt
The Beans & Topping
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of ground sirloin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon of dark chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper, giving you medium to hot heat level
- 1 ½ cans of black beans, 15 ounces minimum, drained
The Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of whole milk
- ¾ pound of pepper jack cheese, shredded
On The Side
- Sour Cream – Use a small ice cream scoop to gently place on top of the finished product and have a side of it ready for your guests
- Chopped Scallions
- Chopped Black Olives – sprinkle a few on your masterpiece and have a side ready as well for your guests
- Diced Pimento – on the side only, as not everyone likes it
- Sliced Avocado, dressed with lemon juice – go nuts!
- Hot pepper sauce – a medium, hot & super-hot side
Get Busy with It!
- Arrange a mixture of two varieties of corn chips on a very large platter.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and set to the side to let the flavors marry together.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, garlic, onion and peppers to the pan & sauté for 2 minutes, then add meat and crumble with a wooden spoon. Season meat with salt, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper sauce. Cook meat 5 minutes, then stir in beans and reduce heat to low.
- In a medium saucepot, melt butter and add flour to it. Cook flour & butter 1 to 2 minutes over moderate heat, then whisk in milk. When milk comes to a bubble, stir in cheese with a wooden spoon. Remove cheese sauce from the heat.
- Pour cheese sauce evenly over the massive spread of chips and top evenly with beef and beans. Finally, pour on the Pico de Gallo, add two scoops of sour cream with an ice cream scoop, and garnish with favorite sides.